Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

One Step Up!!!



Is your daughter begging you for those converse style tennis shoes? Mine was and with no luck after hunting for the perfect style..we thought "hey..we can do this!" So with a little paint, crystals and imagination..her perfect funky fresh style was born! We went to payless shoes and bought the cheapest and plainest pair we could find...they turned out to be AIRWALK brand?


I wish I could say that we planned out the design and knew what we were doing before we started breaking out the craft supplies, but we didn't. I first, grabbed my bin full of Duncan products...I use them on EVERYTHING ...its a sickness I'm guessing ;)


I had one left over Tulip heart stencil (that was reincarnated over 10 times)... some crystals, fabric paint and spray paint. We started with the crystals first. I think its because i love using the heat setter tool...I don't know what it is about that little thing-a-ma-jigger..but its the coolest thing made so far that reminds me of my easy bake oven from childhood. How fabulous is something so cute that produces something so delicious ? xxoo

Tulip heat setting crystals (in a cute, pink, round disk..which is oddly fun just to hold and spin to the correct size of crystal you need....) makes me feel organized and in control, which is rare and fleeting, so I relish in the experience.
Then the paint colors where chosen....are you ready...??? Here it goes...in no particular order...

Tulip dimensional fabric paints- Deep turquoise, Dandelion Yellow, Real Red, Snow Cap White, Silver Glitter, and detailed with Tulip fashion bead paint in white and silver. I spray painted the laces with black spray paint and grease effects spray from Tulip. Just for fun, we added some texting lingo to the shoes and proclaimed her faith on the inside of the shoes....(JESUS ROX) ! So there you have it...

Have FUN and don't be afraid of getting messy and destroying a ugly plain boring pair of shoes...mine are next!

1 comment: